Blog contents

Right at the bottom are my Kalgoorlie Miner newspaper columns. Through the middle are letters I wrote from my tent in the East Kimberley in 2007. At the top are various newer rantings.

Friday 27 July 2007

Dear Sam [old housemate]

You are the second person (besides Carlie, who is always No. 1) to recieve a letter from my book of Kimberley letters. I have often thought of you as my No. 2, and please don't take that in the toilety way because that brings to mind all sorts of horrible images, and would also add new meaning to my reference to Carlie being my No. 1 - meanings that I don't think she would appreciate.

But yes, you and I are a fine partnership: completely different at surface but precisely the same at depth. We are both men of values and morals that rest deep within us, and that nothing can change. We are strangers to each other, but we go together well. You are the dexi; I am the scoob. You are the pork chop; I am the apple sauce. You are the roaring fireplace; I am the $5 cask of Old Tawny Port...

No comments: